IndigoPerl is a binary distribution of Perl for Windows.
It comes with the Indigo Package Manager (IPM) for installing pre-built binary Perl modules from repositories. It includes some useful modules including DBI, DBD::mysql, Apache::DBI, mod_perl. IndigoPerl is free.
Download IndigoPerl V9.02
Updated Feb 9 2009 (22MB)
With Perl 5.10.0
1. Download and run the Windows installer.
2. In will prompt you for the installation directory, which by default is “C:\perl-5.10.0”
To uninstall click on Start, All Programs, IndigoPerl, Unistall, or use the Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit systems, including Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista or newer
Windows 95, 98 or ME are untested.
Indigo Package Manager (IPM)
The Indigo Package Manager (IPM) provides a command line interface for installing Perl modules. The pre-built modules are downloaded from a one of the configured repositories.
To run IPM and to see a help summary run the following command from a DOS window: ‘ipm help’.
ipm search Digest # search for all packages that contain ‘Digest’ in the package name
ipm install Digest-MD4 # install Digest::MD4
ipm remove Digest-MD4 # uninstall Digest::MD4
If you access the internet through a firewall or proxy you will need to set the following environment variables:
Set HTTP_proxy to your proxy server name and port in the format: “http://proxy:8080” .
If you require a user name and/or password to access your proxy, set HTTP_proxy_user and HTTP_proxy_pass to your user name and password.
The intent of this document is to state the conditions under which IndigoPerl may be copied and distributed.
1. You may use IndigoPerl for commercial or non-commercial purposes without charge.
2. You may apply bug fixes, portability fixes and install additional modules. A package modified in such a way shall still be covered by the terms of this license.
3. You may make and give away copies of IndigoPerl for personal use, or for use within your organization.
4. You may not distribute copies of IndigoPerl or components derived from IndigoPerl to others outside your organization without specific prior written permission from IndigoStar Software.
5. IndigoStar Software’s name and trademarks may not be used to endorse or promote packages derived from IndigoPerl without specific prior written permission from IndigoStar Software.
7. INDIGOPERL IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
V9.02 Feb 9 2009 (BETA)